Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, has been acclaimed on the global stage since its opening in 1999. It is acknowledged as one of the best hotels in the world, with some of the best fine dining and conference facilities in Dubai.
The following prestigious Awards reflect the outstanding guest service standards, along with the sustainable design of this impressive 5 star Desert Resort. Al Maha is proud of its role in preserving regional heritage, landscape and in supporting Arabian wildlife conservation efforts.
February 05, 2017, Dubai UAE: Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa is once again amongst the top 1% of hotels in 2017 TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards. Year after year, Al Maha has remained Middle East’s most loved resort and one of the world’s top luxury hotels.
Travellers’ Choice awards are the highest honour TripAdvisor bestows, and is based on reviews and opinions from millions of travellers worldwide. For five consecutive years, Al Maha has remained a favourite in this prestigious ranking, testament to its timeless charm, thoughtful service and world-class guest experiences.
Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa is a 2017 Travellers’ Choice Award Winner in the below categories:
Top 25 Luxury Hotels — World
Top 25 Hotels — Middle East
Top 25 Hotels for Romance — Middle East
Top 25 Luxury Hotels — Middle East
Top 25 Hotels for Service — Middle East
Top 25 Hotels — United Arab Emirates
Top 25 Luxury Hotels — United Arab Emirates
Top 25 Hotels for Service — United Arab Emirates
- 2013 - Ranked in Top 25 Hotels in the World by TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award 2013.
- 2013 - Ranked number 1 Hotel in the Middle East by TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Award 2013.
- 2011 - Ranked in Top 20 list of the Condé Nast Traveler (UK) - For Africa, Middle East and Indian Ocean Islands.
- 2011 - International Hospitality and Property Awards - ‘Best Resort Hotel Dubai' and ‘Best Resort Hotel Arabia'.
- 2010 - Emirates Hotels & Resorts, Winner in the Conservation Award Category, 2010 Tourism for Tomorrow Awards by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)2010 - The Middle East's Responsible Tourism Award 2010.
- 2008 - National Geographic Adventurer - Worlds Top 50 'Ecolodges'.
- 2003, 2007, 2008 - Condé Nast Traveler - Readers' Travel Award, Top 20 Overseas Leisure Hotels for Middle East, Africa and Indian Ocean region.
- 2006, 2007 - Condé Nast Traveler - The Gold List.
- 2005 - The Arab Cities Award - normally reserved for an award to a city, the Aga Khan Foundation awarded Al Maha this recognition - the only resort ever awarded.
- 2004 - National Geographic and Conservation International's World Legacy Award.
- 2003 - Leaders Club Guest Recognition Award - Leading Hotels of the World.
- 2003 - World Travel Markets' Environmental Recognition Award - in recognition of the resort's outstanding environmental activities.
- 2003 - Architecture magazine and Cityscapes Award "Designs for a new World".
- 2002 - Elite Travellers Readers Award - Best Suite in the Middle East.
- 2002 - Condé Nast Traveler Readers Awards - Best Overseas Leisure Hotel (Africa & Middle East).
- 2001 - "Best New Hotel" and "Best Environmentally-friendly Hotel" - Intelligence Middle East, 2001.
- 2001 - Gallivanter's Guide - Joint Second - Best Resort in Europe, Middle East & Africa.
- 2000 - Gallivanter's Guide - Best New Hotel opened in 1999.
- 1999 - "Editor's Choice Award" - Gallivanter's Guide.